LED Lighting Puts Your Business in a Better Light
Light emitting diodes, LEDs, can cut lighting energy costs up to 75 percentNew LED replacement bulbs are an excellent way to enhance lighting quality while substantially cutting operating costs. Businesses such as retail, grocery stores and hospitality can replace incandescent bulbs with LEDs for excellent color rendition and ability to direct high-quality light on products and services. Because LEDs use up to 75 percent less electricity than incandescent bulbs, they deliver substantial energy cost savings for any business with lights that are on for extended periods. LED bulbs are built to last between 25,000 and 50,000 hours compared to just 1,000 to 2,000 hours for incandescent bulbs. This means significant maintenance savings in any application where lights are difficult to replace or maintain.
Energy Trust of Oregon offers cash incentives for LEDsEnergy Trust offers cash incentives for ENERGY STAR® certified LED replacement bulbs. Our cash incentives range from $15 to $25 per bulb, depending on the wattage, making LED lighting a highly cost-effective upgrade for many businesses. For other applications, Energy Trust offers $30 per ENERGY STAR certified recessed downlight.
LEDs offer your business:
- High-quality light and color. LEDs achieve full brightness instantly. They are available in cool, neutral and warm color temperatures.
- Operating savings. LEDs save up to 75 percent on lighting energy.
- Reduced maintenance. LEDs last up to 50 times longer than incandescent bulbs and fives times longer than compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Cooling savings. LEDs produce very little heat, potentially cutting air-conditioning costs.
- Durability. ENERGY STAR certified LEDs come with a minimum three-year warranty.
LEDs can be an excellent option in a wide range of applications, including:
- Track-head lighting used in retail.
- Recessed can or downlights used in restaurants, hospitality, office corridors and hospitals.